Visiting Scotland's Borders
- The Turning of the Bull Monument - Hawick at the Heritage Centre (send us pictures of you there!)
- Turnbulls Deli in Hawick - a great little deli and coffee shop at the base of High Street near the Horse Monument.
- Bedrule Kirk - Bedrule (off of the road B6358 from Denholm) Rich in Turnbull heritage. Be sure to go inside.
- The Bedrule/Turnbull Cairn, located in the church yard of Bedrule Kirk.
- Minto and Fatlips Castle. You can get a key from Oliver’s Garage in Denholm so you can go inside. If you are in Denholm there is a great little Pub there called the Cross Keys Inn. Also in the green in Denholm is a monument to John Leyden who wrote a famous poem about the man who turned the bull, the first Turnbull. There is a bit of a climb to Fatlips but well worth it and it is pretty significant in Turnbull history